Sunday, December 1, 2013

Why buy a card, when you can write from the heart? Poetry

Five years have passed since that first glance
At a beautiful woman, would she give me a chance?

Continuing to look back with my long rubber neck
Her response appeared positive, what the heck?

Attractive she was from a short distance
I eagerly hoped she wouldn’t show resistance

Anxiously I walked the American eagle aisle
Only a few seats back, it felt like a mile

The conversation was cut short as we began our descent
The first thought on my mind, where would she rent?

One door away I knew our lives would be inseparable
This woman I met one day on a plane, she was incredible

Two islands just south in love on a beautiful sunny day
Five years later we were wed on the ninth of May

Just five years prior she sat diagonal across the plane
Who would have thought she would carry my name

Married and united in Christ, we celebrate our first year
 I love and cherish you in my mind, you are always near

Today celebrates our commitment between god, you and I

Each day I am grateful for that day we met in the sky

Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment